The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, was apprised about an MoU signed in February, 2019 between India and Argentine on Antarctic cooperation.
The MoU will help scientific cooperation on projects in the fields of Earth
sciences, as well as those related to the protection and conservation of the natural environment of Antarctica and the Southern Oceans.
- Scientific co-operation on projects in the fields of -inter alia- Earth sciences and life sciences, as well as those related to the protection and conservation of the natural environment of Antarctica and the Southern Oceans;
- The exchange of scientific and bibliographical information related to the study of Antarctica, its environment and dependent and associated ecosystems;
- Exploring opportunities for exchanges of scientists;
- Participation of scientists and technical experts of the national Antarctic programme of one country in the national Antarctic programme of the other, if so required;
- Joint scientific conferences and workshops; hold bilateral meetings on the sidelines of major polar forum meetings, where feasible.
- Joint scientific publications;
- Training of scientific personnel;