The 4th Advance Estimates of production of major crops for 2018-19 have been released by the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare on 19thAugust, 2019. The assessment of production of different crops is based on the feedback received from States and validated with information available from other sources. The estimated production of various crops as per the 4th Advance Estimates for 2018-19 vis-à-vis the comparative estimates for the years 2005-06 onwards is enclosed.
2. As per 4th Advance Estimates, the estimated production of major crops during 2018-19 is as under:
3. As per Fourth Advance Estimates for 2018-19, total Foodgrain production in the country is estimated at 284.95 million tonnes which is higher by 19.20 million tonnes than the previous five years’ (2013-14 to 2017-18) average production of foodgrain.
4. Total production of Rice during 2018-19 is estimated at record 116.42 million tonnes. Production of rice has increased by 3.66 million tonnes than the production of 112.76 million tonnes during 2017-18. It is also higher by 8.62 million tonnes than the five years’ average production of 107.80 million tonnes.
5. Production of Wheat, estimated at record 102.19 million tonnes, is higher by 2.32 million tonnes as compared to wheat production of 99.87 million tonnes achieved during 2017-18. Moreover, the production of wheat during 2018-19 is also higher by 7.58 million tonnes than the average wheat production of 94.61 million tonnes.
6. Total Pulses production during 2018-19 is estimated at 23.40 million tonnes which is higher by 3.14 million tonnes than the last Five years’ average production of 20.26 million tonnes.
7. Total Oilseeds production in the country during 2018-19 is estimated at 32.26 million tonnes which is higher than the production of 31.46 million tonnes during 2017-18. Moreover, the production of oilseeds during 2018-19 is also higher by 2.61 million tonnes than the average oilseeds production.
8. With an increase by 20.25 million tonnes over 2017-18, total production of Sugarcane in the country during 2018-19 is estimated at 400.16 million tonnes. Moreover, the production of sugarcane during 2018-19 is also higher by 50.38 million tonnes than the average sugarcane production of 349.78 million tonnes.
9. Production of Cotton estimated at 28.71 million bales (of 170 kg each) andproduction of Jute & Mesta estimated at 9.77 million bales (of 180 kg each).
See for details